World Bulletin / News Desk
Two gunmen went on a shooting rampage in the Nile Delta province of Qalioubiya late Tuesday, killing at least eleven people and injuring many others, eyewitnesses said.
According to the eyewitnesses, two gunmen opened fire at villagers in Meet al-Attar in Banha, the capital city of the province, before fleeing the scene.
The prime suspect was identified as a fugitive who was previously convicted for involvement in a 2008 family-feud massacre which left 23 dead and over 30 injured, security sources said.
Angered by the reluctance of the village residents to take his family's side in the feud, he accompanied a friend in a rampage against the villagers.
Security reinforcements arrived in the village as search for the suspects ensued.
Lawlessness has been rife on Egyptian streets following the toppling of long-serving president Hosni Mubarak in 2011 and the ensuing police collapse.Güncelleme Tarihi: 21 Ağustos 2013, 10:42