World Bulletin / News Desk
Dozens were feared dead or injured on Thursday afternoon after a bomb went off at a popular motor park in Nigeria's northwestern city of Kano.
"Many people are dead already. The bomb went off some minutes ago after a young man pushing a cart entered a busy [motor] park on New Road Sabon Gari," local resident Shukurat Olaiya, who was standing a few blocks away at the time of the blast, told AA by phone.
"The cart pusher himself died, alongside many others," he said. "The owner of the load was not there. He obviously gave the cart pusher the load containing the explosives and timed the bomb to go off just as he entered the motor park."
Neither the police nor the army has commented on the bombing, which comes only one day after 40 people were killed by twin blasts – targeting a popular Muslim scholar and a prominent opposition figure – in neighboring Kaduna State.
Some 50 people were killed in the same motor park last year in a similar bombing.Güncelleme Tarihi: 25 Temmuz 2014, 10:02