World Bulletin / News Desk
A collective group of 17 opposition parties in Burundi have come together and agreed to boycott next month's elections, insisting that they will not be free and fair.
The opposition says President Pierre Nkurunziza should not be permitted to seek a third term in office.
Burundi has been hit by street protests and a failed coup since President Nkurunziza announced in April that he would seek re-election.
On Thursday, UN envoy Said Djinnit, who had been hosting talks between the two sides resigned.
According to a BBC report, the opposition also noted that the electoral commission was incomplete after two of its mafter two of its five members fled the country.
A reporter for the BBC service said that the annoucement was not taken seriously but was a way of putting pressure on the government ahead of this weekend's African Union summit.
The crisis in Burundi is one of the issues will most likely dominate proceedings at the summit which is taking place in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Güncelleme Tarihi: 12 Haziran 2015, 15:43