World Bulletin / News Desk
At least five Libyan troops were killed late on Friday when a mortar landed in the eastern city of Benghazi where pro-government forces have been fighting against a mix of armed brigades, medical sources said.
The source said at least 20 troops had been killed in fighting in June. LNA Mohamed Hejazi said their forces had been fighting in around six districts in the city.
"These militant groups have become individuals who are taking high building as posts. The militants have also booby-trapped all houses and streets," Hejazi said.
Army forces loyal to Libya's internationally recognized government have been fighting several groups inLibya's second-largest city as part of a wider struggle since the overthrow of Muammar Gaddafi in 2011.
Güncelleme Tarihi: 20 Haziran 2015, 12:17