World Bulletin / News Desk
Six guards of resigned Defense Minister Mahmoud al-Subaihi were killed in an ambush by Houthi groups on Sunday as he fled the group's grip in Sanaa and fled to southern Aden city, reliable sources said.
According to the sources, who asked to remain anonymous, the Houthi groups attacked the convoy of the minister in Khokha region in Al-Hudaydah province as he was on his way to Aden.
Six guards were killed and another was injured in the attack, the sources told, noting that the bodies of the slain guards have arrived to al-Subaihi's hometown in Subeiha region in the southern Lahij province.
A government source had told earlier that armed groups affiliated with the powerful Houthi movement kidnapped five of the minister's guards and injured another.
Al-Subaihi arrived in Aden earlier Sunday after fleeing capital Sanaa, according to high-ranking sources.
The sources, however, did not clarify how al-Subaihi managed to flee Sanaa.
Al-Subaihi's arrival in Aden is expected to boost embattled President Abd Rabbuh Mansour Hadi's efforts to reinstate his rule from Aden.Güncelleme Tarihi: 08 Mart 2015, 10:53