World Bulletin / News Desk
Five children lost their lives and two others were severely injured in a landmine explosion in Benghazi, a Libyan official said.
“The landmine went off near Benina district,” Tarek al-Khazar, spokesman of Tobruk government’s Foreign Ministry said Wednesday.
Khazar added that the landmine was allegedly left behind by Ansar al-Sharia during recent clashes with the Libyan army.
The ISIL-affiliated group had taken control of seven army camps in August 2014 before the army forced the group to withdraw from Benina district in October.
Two assemblies currently vie for legislative authority in the country. The Tobruk-based House of Representatives and the General National Congress, which – even though its mandate ended last year – continues to convene in Tripoli.
Libya has remained in a state of turmoil since a bloody uprising ended the decades-long rule of Muammar Gaddafi in late 2011.Güncelleme Tarihi: 10 Eylül 2015, 13:39