The defense team of ousted president Mohamed Morsi and Muslim Brotherhood leaders plans to withdraw from all cases to protest what they describe as absence of justice.
Sources in the defense team told Anadolu Agency Sunday that the decision has been reached after thorough deliberations and discussions.
"We are waiting the right moment to announce our decision," one source said on condition of anonymity.
He suggested the announcement might be made in protest against an expected verdict in November clearing ousted president Hosni Mubarak from charges related to the killing of demonstrators during the 2011 uprising that ended his 30-year rule.
Morsi, Egypt's first freely-elected president, was deposed by the Egyptian military on July 3 last year– after only one year in office – following protests against his presidency.
His supporters, however, call his ouster a military coup and continue to protest against.
Morsi is now standing trial for multiple charges, including murder, espionage and jailbreak.
He, along with his co-defendants, insists that the charges against him are politically driven.
Sources said the defense lawyers have been frustrated by what they described as "unjustified" and "illogical" court rulings against many Brotherhood leaders and sympathizers over the past year.
AAGüncelleme Tarihi: 13 Ekim 2014, 10:31