Egypt's ousted President Mohamed Morsi has reportedly refused to respond to the prosecution's accusations of inciting violence outside Ittihadiya palace on December 5, a judicial source told Anadolu Agency Monday.
The source said the investigator moved to Morsi's detention and confronted him with the accusations.
"Morsi did not respond to the questions," added the source.
The prosecution has earlier today remanded the deposed president into custody for 15 days pending investigation into the charges.
Prosecutors say Morsi faces charges of incitement to violence and involvement in killing protesters during clashes outside the Ittihadiya presidential palace in Cairo late last year.
Morsi, Egypt's first democratically elected president, has not been seen in public or allowed to communicate with his family since he was ousted by the powerful military on July 3 after mass demonstrations against his regime.
Last week, the deposed president was remanded into custody for an additional 30 days on charges of "conspiring" with the Gaza-based Hamas movement to carry out "hostile acts" inside Egypt.
He faces additional charges of helping prisoners – including himself – escape from jail during Egypt's 2011 revolution, sabotaging public property and abducting security personnel.
AAGüncelleme Tarihi: 20 Ağustos 2013, 10:04