Tunisian attacks were planned in Libya

Tunisia’s secretary of state for national security, Rafik Chelly, has said that recent attacks in Tunisia were planned in Libya

Tunisian attacks were planned in Libya

World Bulletin / News Desk

A series of attacks in Tunisia claimed by ISIL was planned in neighboring Libya, a top official said Friday.

ISIL has said it was behind a suicide bombing in the centre of Tunis on Tuesday in which 12 presidential guards died. They have also claimed two attacks earlier this year at the National Bardo Museum in Tunis and on a hotel near the Mediterranean resort of Sousse that killed a total of 60 people, all but one of them foreign tourists.

“Everything is being planned in Libya,” Tunisia’s secretary of state for national security, Rafik Chelly, told private Mosaique FM radio.

“The commanders of Tunisian terrorist groups are in Libya,” he added.

Authorities in Tunisia have detained 30 people suspected of having extremism links after the bombing, and identified the bomber as a local street vendor.

The Interior Ministry said in a statement on Thursday that forensic police identified the attacker as 27-year-old Houssam ben Hedi ben Miled Abdelli by his DNA. It said he was from a working class neighborhood on the edge of Tunis.

ISIL claimed responsibility for Tuesday’s attack on a bus in central Tunis, which left 12 dead plus the attacker.

 

Güncelleme Tarihi: 28 Kasım 2015, 11:33
YORUM EKLE