World Bulletin / News Desk
Guinean authorities have announced the death of two people from Ebola virus and 816 suspected cases in the southern part of the country where the virus reappeared last week.
So far the deadly virus has killed four people since it reappeared last week in the West African state, Fode Tass Sylla, communications officer of Guinea’s National Coordination of the Fight Against Ebola, said late Monday.
"A little girl died in the city of N'zerekore while her mother, also contaminated, is currently in the Ebola treatment center," Sylla said.
The second victim died in Macente, 150 kilometers from N'zerekore, Sylla added.
Tass also said that the National Coordination of the Fight Against Ebola will start vaccinating the 816 suspected cases on Tuesday.
The vaccination “is to stop people from transmitting the virus,” Sylla said.
“We hope to stop the virus very quickly with the cooperation of the people,” he added.
More than 11,300 people died from the Ebola epidemic that swept West Africa in 2014 during the worst-ever outbreak of the disease, according to the World Health Organization.
The West African state was declared Ebola free in December 2015.Güncelleme Tarihi: 22 Mart 2016, 10:20