World Bulletin / News Desk
Reconstructed photos of a suspected suicide bombers involved in last week's bomb attacks were displayed during a police news conference in Uganda's capital Kampala on Sunday.
Twin bomb attacks in Uganda that killed 73 were carried out by suicide bombers and arrested 20 suspects.
An armed group of Somalia, al Shabaab, claimed responsibility of the attaks.
"These attacks were carried out by suicide bombers. The evidence is overwhelming ... two heads have not been claimed, neither have they been identified. It can't be a coincidence," Inspector General of Police Kale Kayihura told a news conference.
Al Shabaab said it was avenging the killing of civilians by African Union peacekeepers. Ugandan forces form the backbone of the 6,100-strong contingent in Somalia alongside Burundi troops.
Last week police said they had arrested six of the more than 20 Somalis and Ugandans suspected of planning the bombings. He also claimed that some arrested suspects were Pakistanis.
Kayihura said on Sunday the number of arrests had risen.
ReutersGüncelleme Tarihi: 19 Temmuz 2010, 14:47