Verdict in Brotherhood leader violence trial on June 7

The 48 defendants face charges of blocking roads, inciting violence and attacking security forces

Verdict in Brotherhood leader violence trial on June 7

World Bulletin/News Desk

An Egyptian court on Sunday set June 7 as a date for issuing its verdict in the trial of Muslim Brotherhood Supreme Guide Mohamed Badie and 47 co-defendants on charges of inciting violence in Egypt's Qalioubiya province last year, a judicial source said.

During Sunday's hearing the judges listened to the defense lawyers amid shouts by some of the defendants against Egypt's interim authorities, said the source.

The defendants face charges of blocking roads, inciting violence and attacking security forces on July 22 – some three weeks after the ouster of elected president Mohamed Morsi by the military.

Among other Brotherhood leaders charged in the case are Mohamed al-Beltagi, former youth minister Osama Yassin and former supply minister Bassem Ouda.

Prominent Salafist preachers Mohamed Abdel-Maqsoud and Safwat Hegazi also face the same charges.

Defendants dismiss the charges as politically motivated.

 

Güncelleme Tarihi: 18 Mayıs 2014, 14:51
YORUM EKLE