A cave-in along a subway line being built for the 2008Beijing Olympics killed four construction workers, state media reported Sunday.
The bodies of three workers who apparently suffocated after the tunnelcollapse had been recovered by Sunday, the official Xinhua News Agency said.The body of a fourth worker could not immediately be recovered, it said. Twoworkers remained missing.
The accident and allegations of an attempted cover up by the constructioncompany have embarrassed the city as it prepares for the highly anticipatedgames next year.
Construction company China Railway 12th Bureau Group Co. has been accused ofsealing the site immediately after the accident, confiscating employees' mobilephones and ordering people not to talk to police or media.
The company waited eight hours to report the accident on the line, whichruns through the main Olympics compound in northwestern
Police have detained 10 people, including the project supervisor and thetunnel's designers, Xinhua reported Friday. It did not say if they had beencharged with any crime.Güncelleme Tarihi: 20 Eylül 2018, 18:16