Ergenekon suspect editor-in-Chief of Cumhuriyet daily Ilhan Selcuk's health problems continue, doctors said on Sunday.
Selcuk, who is standing trial in the first Ergenekon case, which started in October of last year, still suffers from speech disorder and weakness on left side of his body, said a statement from Vehbi Koc Foundation American Hospital. Selcuk was hospitalized late on Friday.
"Selcuk is awake and can communicate. He is still under treatment at the intensive care unit of the hospital," the statement added.
The alleged criminal network that came to be known as "Ergenekon" is accused of planning assassinations and bombings to sow chaos and overthrow the government.
So far, three indictments have been prepared by the prosecutors conducting the investigation. Some 150 suspected members have been indicted.
Last Mod: 16 Ağustos 2009, 16:22