Foreign troops killed three children in southeastern Afghanistan's Paktika province on Monday, the NATO-led force said, the latest in a mounting toll of civilian casualties that have sparked anger across the nation. they claimed it had happened "accidentilly".
Artillery rounds which was fired by foreign troops fired fell close to a house where three children were later found dead. Troops claimed that they fired artillery rounds as they targeted fighters in Gayan district of the southeastern province.
"ISAF deeply regrets this accident, and an investigation as to the exact circumstances of this tragic event is now under way," the ISAF statement said.
Earlier on Monday, hundreds of Afghans blocked a road in Kabul protesting U.S.-led troops over killing three members of a family, including two children, in a separate raid in the east of the capital.
NATO and U.S. military officials could not response to allegation.
Residents said U.S.-led troops carried out a pre-dawn raid in Hud Kheil area in the eastern quarter of Kabul, killing a man identified by neighbours as Noorullah and two of his sons.
Güncelleme Tarihi: 02 Eylül 2008, 11:21