Kuwait's stock exchange building was closed and evacuated on Monday after receiving a bomb threat, a bourse official said.
Defence forces were searching the basement and staff were not being allowed to approach the building.
"A bomb has been reported. We are still working on it. So far, there is nothing," a police official said at the scene.
The threat came after the end of Monday's trading session.
The high-rise stone and glass building is home to trading houses and brokerages, forms a central part of the city's financial district and is surrounded by major banks.
Kuwait's stock exchange is the second largest by value in the Middle East.
Police and security guards told bystanders not to approach the building and ambulances stood at the ready nearby.
Güncelleme Tarihi: 11 Ocak 2010, 14:05