The three killers of Libyan journalist Daif Ghazal have been sentenced to death, the dead man's brother said.
"The court in Tripoli condemned the three killers of Daif to death by firing squad," Awad Ghazal said.
Daif Ghazal, a 32-year-old Egyptian-born journalist with Libyan nationality, had worked for the official Libyan press for 10 years until 2003, but then started publishing critical articles on a London-based Web site.
He disappeared May 21, 2005, and his body was found 10 days later in a suburb of the Mediterranean city of Benghazi. He had been tortured to death, with stab wounds all over his body and most of his fingers cut off, according to journalists' rights watchdog Reporters Sans Frontieres (Journalists Without Borders).
Libyan authorities denied at the time any link with his killing and said that those responsible would be quickly brought to justice.
They have not provided any further information on the case.
Güncelleme Tarihi: 20 Temmuz 2007, 14:04