Khaled Al-Khatib, coordinator of the one million signature campaign to release Palestinian prisoners in Israeli occupation jails, has addressed an appeal to the kidnappers of the two foreign journalists in the Gaza Strip to set them free.
Khatib, one of the founders of a committee of Palestinian prisoners' relatives formed to demand the release of the Abducted Fox news American journalist Steve Centanni and New Zealand cameraman Olaf Wiig, said that their release would serve the Palestinian prisoners' question.
He added that the Palestinian people were in dire need of all journalists, especially the foreigners, to inform the world on the Israeli occupation's streak of murder and destruction in the Palestinian lands.
The continued detention of those journalists would deprive the Palestinian cause, especially the issue of prisoners, of the needed media coverage, Khatib highlighted.
He expressed confidence that the kidnappers, whatever may be their justifications, did not intend to harm the Palestine cause and should thus correct their mistake by immediately releasing those journalists.
For his part, the PA interior minister, Sa'eed Siyam, told a visiting New Zealand delegation on Wednesday that his government absolutely rejected the phenomenon of kidnapping foreigners.
He said that the issue of the journalists, kidnapped nine days ago, was being followed up on daily basis and that all security apparatuses were on mobilized since then to deal with the incident.
Meanwhile, a previously unknown group in Gaza calling itself "Holy Jihad Brigades" announced in a videotape showing the two abducted journalists that the USA should free all Muslims imprisoned in its jails within 72 hours if it wanted those journalists freed.
Source:palestine-info.co.ukGüncelleme Tarihi: 20 Eylül 2018, 18:16