Taliban have conceded more time to the Korean and Afghan officials negotiating the safe release of 23 South Korean hostages with them.
The new deadline will be Monday 7 p.m. (local time), said a statement posted on their website. The statement said that the negotiations continued on Sunday and the deadline had been extended for another 24 hours to get some results.
Earlier, Taliban spokesman Qari Yousaf Ahmadi had warned they would kill the hostages before the deadline if the government or NATO troops started any military operations against them.
His statement came minutes after Afghan Defence Ministry's spokesman Gen. Zahir Azimi told journalists that their troops were awaiting a nod from the government to launch an operation against the hostage-takers. The 23 South Koreans, 15 of them women, were kidnapped while coming from Kandahar province to Kabul on July 19.
Güncelleme Tarihi: 22 Temmuz 2007, 19:15