Youth on trial in Germany over racist attack on Indians

An 18-year-old youth was set to be tried in Germany Monday for his role in a mob attack on a group of Indians taking refuge in a pizza parlour in a small town earlier this year.

Youth on trial in Germany over racist attack on Indians
The summer violence in Muegeln in August, in which eight Indians suffered black eyes and bruises, caused outrage in both Germany and India. Prosecutors later said they had obtained sufficient evidence to charge four Germans, two of whom received summary fines.

The 18-year-old was to appear on sedition charges before a children and young persons' judge in the town of Oschatz, court officials said Monday. The outcome would be announced, although young person's trials are closed to the media.

Officials said the Indians were chased by yelling men out of a tent and across a street to the Indian-owned pizza parlour, where the mob tried to break in until police arrived and restored order.

Agencies

Güncelleme Tarihi: 27 Kasım 2007, 11:45
YORUM EKLE