World Bulletin / News Desk
Local authorities in Turkey’s central Anatolian city of Kayseri have completed the restoration of the Gevher Nesibe Dar-ul-Shifa, which will now be used as a museum exhibiting artifacts from the Seljuk era.
Originally built in 1206 by Sultan Ghiyath al-Din Kaykhusraw, the building was named after the Sultan’s sister and was also one of the first known hospitals in the world.
The hospital was restored by the General Directorate of Foundations with the support of Erciyes University’s Faculty of Architecture, but was criticized for making alternations. Its original form was then restored by the the Kayseri Metropolitan Municipality.
Seljuk art, architecture, science and attire will be exhibited along with information about the Seljuk Empire, which ruled much of Anatolia, the Levant, Iraq and Iran.
Digital technology will also be used to help re-live some aspects of the Seljuk era.Güncelleme Tarihi: 08 Ocak 2014, 16:37