A written statement from the ministry said that 15 Taliban members had been captured during the operations. Large amounts of firearms and explosives were seized during operations in Kandahar, Balkh, Zabul, Logar, Gazne and Helmand provinces the ministry said.
The statement also reported that 25 roadside bombs had been defused.
Taliban spokesperson Zebiullah Mucahed refuted the number of casualties announced by the interior ministry.
In a separate attack, three civilians died in the northern province of Baghlan when a bomb exploded on Wednesday.
Afghan officials say they are holding the Taliban responsible for both incidents.