World Bulletin / News Desk
A powerful Taliban truck bomb struck the German consulate in the northern Afghan city of Mazar-i-Sharif late Thursday, killing at least two people and wounding 32 others, officials said.
The Taliban called it a "revenge attack" for a US airstrike in the volatile province of Kunduz earlier this month that left up to 32 civilians dead.
"The suicide attacker rammed his explosives-laden car into the wall of German consulate in the city," local police chief Sayed Kamal Sadat told AFP.
Government spokesman Munir Farhad confirmed the attack.
At least two dead bodies and 32 wounded people had so far been brought to the local city hospital, said Noor Mohammad Fayez, the head doctor.
There was no immediate reaction from the German embassy in Kabul.
US forces conceded last week that its air strikes "very likely" resulted in civilian casualties in Kunduz, pledging a full investigation into the incident which triggered angry protests.
The strikes killed several children, after a Taliban assault left two American soldiers and three Afghan special forces soldiers dead near Kunduz city.
afpGüncelleme Tarihi: 11 Kasım 2016, 01:35