Any future attack on Turkey will be silenced- Davutoglu

Turkish Foreign Minister said "the Syrian artillery shell that landed on Turkish territory was D30 type with 122 millimeter. Its address is clear"

Any future attack on Turkey will be silenced- Davutoglu

World Bulletin/News Desk

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu on Saturday said that "any future attack on Turkey from anywhere will be silenced."

Speaking on the state-run TRT1 TV channel on Saturday, Minister Davutoglu indicated that "the Syrian artillery shell that landed on Turkish territory was D30 type with 122 millimeter. Its address is clear. Such an artillery shell only exists in the inventory of the Syrian army."

Touching on a Prime Ministry motion that was approved by the Turkish Parliament earlier in the week and one that authorized the Turkish government for sending troops abroad, Davutoglu said that Turkey did not take a step for war with such a motion.

"The motion, on the contrary, was adopted to prevent a war and make the necessary warning to the Syrian administration...we wanted to show our deterrence," Davutoglu also said.

Phone conversation with Salehi

Ahmet Davutoglu earlier on Saturday held a phone conversation with Iranian Foreign Minister Ali Akbar Salehi.

According to diplomatic sources, Salehi phoned Davutoglu and offered his condolences over the death of five Turks last Wednesday when Syrian artillery shells landed in the south-eastern town of Akcakale.

Davutoglu and Salehi discussed the Akcakale incident and the ensuing developments

Güncelleme Tarihi: 06 Ekim 2012, 16:30
YORUM EKLE