Minister says no China visa suspension for Turkish citizens

Gunay said on Friday that suspension of visa for Turkish citizens by China was out of question.

Minister says no China visa suspension for Turkish citizens

Turkish Culture & Tourism Minister Ertugrul Gunay said on Friday that suspension of visa for Turkish citizens by China was out of question.

Regarding the news stories claiming that China had suspended visa applications from Turkish citizens, Gunay said that China was making a detailed assessment for tourist and businessmen applications for visa, and there was no delay or cancellation regarding visa applications of Turkish citizens.

Gunay said that in 2011 Turkey and China would celebrate the 40th anniversary of establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries, adding that China Year events would be held in Turkey in 2012, and Turkey Year events would be organized in China in 2013.

Gunay said that Turkey had not been able to benefit from Chinese market enough, adding that Chinese economy grew eight percent even during the global economic crisis.

China hosted 40 million tourists and Turkey hosted less than 100,000 Chinese tourists a year but Turkey was exerting efforts to increase the number, Gunay said.

Regarding the impacts of recent developments between Turkey and Israel on Turkish tourism, Gunay said that Turkey had been hosting 400,000 Israeli tourists annually till last year, adding that the number significantly dropped in 2009, and it would probably be the same this year.

Gunay will proceed to Xian city on Friday. He will visit the Turkish stand at EXPO 2010 World Fair in Shanghai on Sunday, and later depart from China.


AA

Last Mod: 18 Haziran 2010, 12:24
Add Comment