Turkey has called on French authorities to launch an investigation regarding the recent attacks targeting Turkish people living in France.
Releasing a statement on Tuesday, Turkey's ministry of foreign affairs expressed Turkey's sorrow over last week's attack against the houses of two Turkish families living in the suburbs of Strasbourg.
The ministry said that although there had not been any casualties in the latest attacks, the rising xenophobia in Europe caused great concern among the Turkish communities in European countries.
The ministry added that both the Turkish embassy in Paris and the consulate general in Strasbourg had expressed Turkey's concerns on the matter to French authorities.
"Within this framework, we expect French authorities to launch a comprehensive investigation on the incident and bring the perpetrators to justice as soon as possible," the ministry's statement said.
The statement also called on European politicians, press organs and opinion leaders not to give negative messages about the immigrants and foreigners living in their countries.
Last week, unidentified assailants attacked the houses of Turkish-origin Bakar and Karatekin families living in Strasbourg's Hoenheim neighborhood. The assailants attempted to start a fire and drew the symbol swastika on the doors of the houses.
Earlier, several Muslim and Jewish cemeteries and temples near Strasbourg had also been the target of racist attacks.
AALast Mod: 02 Şubat 2011, 14:11