Turkey condemns bomb attack in Syria

A Foreign Ministry statement said that Turkey expressed deep sorrow over the bomb attack staged in Damascus and loss of lives in the attack.

Turkey condemns bomb attack in Syria

World Bulletin/News Desk

Turkey condemned on Thursday the bomb attack in the Syrian capital of Damascus.      

A Foreign Ministry statement said that Turkey expressed deep sorrow over the bomb attack staged in Damascus and loss of lives in the attack.      

"We strongly condemn this attack, which caused death of civilians," the statement said.      

In the statement, Turkey expressed its wish that violence and bloodshed would end in Syria as soon as possible, and legitimate rights of Syrian people would immediately be met.      

The statement underlined importance of Syria's showing a genuine will and exerting sincere efforts to fully implement the Annan plan.      

In its statement, the ministry said it was sharing agonies of Syrian people, and hoped that the assailants would be found soon and such agonies would not reoccur.      

Twin suicide car bombs exploded outside a military intelligence building and killed at least 55 people and wounded 372 others earlier on Thursday.

Meanwhile, The Syrian Revolution General Commission said on Thursday that death toll rose to 89 in ongoing crackdown in the country.      

The commission said 71 people were killed in Damascus, five in Zabadani, seven in Homs, three in Aleppo, and one each in Idlib, Hama and Daraa.      

The Syrian official news agency SANA said 13 soldiers died in the operations in Damascus, Aleppo, Daraa, Idlib and Homs.       Local activists said that many people were wounded as security forces opened fire on settlements in Idlib and Damascus, adding that tens of people were detained and four people were abducted.

Güncelleme Tarihi: 11 Mayıs 2012, 11:08

Muhammed Öylek

YORUM EKLE