World Bulletin / News Desk
A petition for a compensation case was filed against Israel on Friday by the families of the victims of "Mavi Marmara" aid ship bound for Gaza which came under attack of Israeli troops in May 2010.
Attorney of the families, Ugur Yildirim, said that families of Furkan Dogan, Cevdet Kiliclar and Necdet Yildirim who were killed in the attack filed a petition for a financial and spiritual compensation case against Israel along with 30 other people suffered from the attack. Among the plaintiffs were seriously wounded people in the attack, press members and nurses.
Attorney Yildirim said that plaintiffs had asked in 33 different cases a total amount of 10 million Turkish liras from Israel so far.
The incident brought Turkish-Israeli relations to a historic low.
Ankara demanded a formal apology from Israel for the killings and that Israel lifted the Gaza blockade. Turkey has also expelled the Israeli ambassador and suspended military agreements it penned with the country.
Güncelleme Tarihi: 05 Ekim 2012, 17:18