The new "Fiat Doblo" model cars, manufactured in Turkey, have received best van of the year title.
The "Van of the Year" jury, comprised of 24 journalists from 24 countries who are experts on commercial vehicles, named the new "Fiat Doblo"s, produced in Turkish automotive company TOFAS' factory in the northwestern province of Bursa, as the "Best Van of 2011."
"This title is the indicator of Turkey's efforts and power in automotive industry," TOFAS' CEO Ali Pandir said.
TOFAS and Fiat Auto S.p.A agreed to manufacture a new type of van that would replace Doblo models under an agreement they signed in October 2007.
The annual production capacity of new Fiat Doblos is 140,000. 30 percent of the total production is sold in domestic market, and the rest 70 percent is exported.
When the fact that a vehicle is used for eight years is taken into consideration, TOFAS and Fiat Auto S.p.A calculated some 6.3 billion USD of income from exports.
AAGüncelleme Tarihi: 22 Eylül 2010, 15:54