6 PKK extremists surrender in southeast Turkey

Two others captured along with weapons and ammunition, military says

6 PKK extremists surrender in southeast Turkey

World Bulletin / News Desk

Six PKK extremists surrendered and two others were captured in Turkey's southeast, the military said Wednesday. 

A Turkish General Staff statement said six extremists surrendered themselves to security forces in Silopi district of Sirnak province after having escaped from their shelters in northern Iraq. 

Separately, two other extremists were caught in Hizan, Bitlis province along with six AK-47s, 100 cartridges and two pistols.

Meanwhile, in Mus province, troops captured 500 kilograms of ammonium nitrate, four improvised explosive devices and various documents in three different shelters belonging to the extremist group, the statement added. 

The PKK, which is listed as a extremist organization by Turkey, the U.S. and EU, resumed its 30-year armed campaign against the Turkish state in July 2015.

Since then, PKK extremist attacks have martyred more than 600 security personnel and also claimed the lives of many civilians, including women and children, while more than 7,000 PKK extremists have also been killed in army operations.

 

Güncelleme Tarihi: 28 Eylül 2016, 17:46
YORUM EKLE