Fighter jets from Incirlik base didn't raid Syria on Aug 11

Ankara denies aircraft based in Incirlik Air Base were involved in anti-Daesh airstrikes in Idlib on Tuesday that killed dozens, including civilians

Fighter jets from Incirlik base didn't raid Syria on Aug 11

World Bulletin / News Desk

Turkish Foreign Ministry has denied Wednesday media reports that aircraft taking off from Incirlik took part in U.S.-led anti-ISIL coalition’s airstrikes overnight on the Atme village in Syria's Idlib province.

On Tuesday, dozens of people, including women and children, were killed in the attack, local civil defense teams in Syria reported.

"No manned and unmanned aircrafts using the Incirlik Air Base participated in yesterday's [Tuesday] air operation carried out by the coalition forces," said the ministry.

It rejected as “misleading" and "evil-minded" reports in Turkish media that said aircraft returning from the attack flew towards Turkey.

Last month, Turkey agreed to allow U.S.-led coalition forces to launch airstrikes against ISIL positions from Incirlik, which is located close to Turkey’s border with war-torn Syria.

The U.S. began flying armed missions from the strategic air base in southeastern Turkey last weekend, and carried out the first unmanned airstrike from the facility last Tuesday.

Over the weekend, the U.S. sent a contingent of six F-16s, and 300 American personnel to the base.

Güncelleme Tarihi: 12 Ağustos 2015, 10:47
YORUM EKLE