Five soldiers remanded over deadly Kayseri attack

Police arrests 23 suspects earlier in the day

Five soldiers remanded over deadly Kayseri attack

World Bulletin / News Desk

A Turkish court remanded in custody Thursday five soldiers in connection with a deadly bomb attack against off-duty Turkish soldiers in central Anatolian province of Kayseri.

The soldiers were commissioned in the same military base that all martyred soldiers belonged to, according to the security sources.

The sources, who asked not to be named due to restrictions on talking to the media, said police arrested early Thursday 23 suspects including those five soldiers as part of the investigation.

On Dec. 17, a suicide car bomb attack hit a public bus in the central Anatolian city of Kayseri, martyring 14 soldiers and wounding 55 others.

Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus has said all signs pointed to the involvement of the PKK terrorist group in the attack.

The PKK – listed as a terror organization by Turkey, the U.S. and the EU – resumed its decades-old armed campaign in July 2015. More than 300 civilians and about 850 security personnel since have been martyred. More than 9,000 PKK terror have been killed or apprehended.

Güncelleme Tarihi: 13 Ocak 2017, 01:10
YORUM EKLE