World Bulletin / News Desk
Diyarbakir anti-terror police raided the suspect's home in the Baglar district of the province, according to security sources who spoke on condition of anonymity.
The suspect will later be sent to Kayseri, where a “thorough investigation” is underway to find the perpetrators of Saturday's bomb attack, sources said.
On Dec. 17, a suicide car bomb targeted a bus carrying off-duty troops near the Erciyes University campus at 8.45 a.m. local time (0545 GMT), according to a statement by the Turkish General Staff.
The attack in the central Turkish province of Kayseri left 14 soldiers martyred and 55 others wounded. Twenty five are still being treated in hospital but the remainder have been discharged, Kayseri Governor's Office said on Wednesday.
On Monday, Kayseri Governor Suleyman Kamci told reporters 15 suspects had been detained as part of the ongoing investigation.
On Tuesday, one suspect was remanded in custody in the southwestern city of Burdur, said a statement by Burdur Public Prosecutor Sadi Dogan.
Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus has said all signs pointed to the involvement of the PKK terrorist group in the attack.
However, no organization has yet claimed responsibility.