Anadolu Agency does not verify these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
Turkish dailies on Wednesday dedicated their front pages mostly to news of Gizem, a 6-year-old missing girl, found stabbed and burnt to death by one of her relatives, Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan's demand for the extradition of the leader of Gulen Movement from the U.S. and the reactions in Turkey over the Egyptian court's decision to sentence 683 people to death.
Daily HURRIYET headlined "We could not keep our promise" referring to the Convention on the Rights of the Children which Turkey signed in 1990. The daily reported that the dead body of a 6-year-old girl, who went missing, was found stabbed, tied and burnt on Tuesday in Adana. Gizem Akdeniz went missing on Sunday as she left home to go to a park in the Seyhan district of Adana after her mother went shopping. Turkish police detained the 25-year-old (S.A) old cousin of the girl, who admitted abducting the child in revenge after the family opposed his marriage proposal to the dead girl's sister.
"How did you do that?" said daily VATAN, adding that the 25-year-old man is suspected of killing the girl in revenge over the sister's marriage refusal.
Daily MILLIYET titled "Our flesh and blood is a murderer" reported that the killer had volunteered with others to search for the little girl in the region.
Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan's demand for the extradition of the leader of Gulen Movement from the United States was also covered heavily on Wednesday.
Daily SABAH said "Turkey will ask Washington to extradite the shadowy imam of Pennsylvania" and reported that the prime minister told his parliamentary deputies that the extradition process of Gulen from the US will soon be launched.
"Extradite Gulen" said Daily AKSAM reporting that PM Erdogan said the legal action would be initiated for the extradition of US-based cleric Gulen, who is accused of leading a state within state structure against the Turkish government, with a strong presence in state institutions.
Several Turkish dailies covered the reactions in Turkey over the Egyptian court decision to sentence 683 people to death. A judge has sentenced alleged Muslim Brotherhood supporters to death, including the group's supreme guide, Mohamed Badie, and confirmed the death sentences of 37 of the 529 alleged supporters previously condemned.
Daily YENI SAFAK said "The world went blind" and reported that the world is indifferent to the death sentences.
"Turkey outraged over death sentences" titled daily SABAH, announcing that an Egyptian's court's decision to condemn 683 people to death, including the Muslim Brotherhood leader Badie creates outrage in Turkey, with hundreds staging demonstrations across the country.Güncelleme Tarihi: 30 Nisan 2014, 11:10