World Bulletin/News Desk
Two Palestinians on Friday succumbed to injuries sustained during Israel's just-ended onslaught on the Gaza Strip, a Palestinian Health Ministry official has said.
Health Ministry spokesman Ashraf al-Qodra said the two latest victims were 23 and 65 years old, noting that one of them had died at an Egyptian hospital where he had been taken for treatment.
Al-Qodra said that the fresh fatalities brought the total number of Palestinians killed during Israel's offensive to 2,147.
The 51-day onslaught also left some 11,000 Gazans injured – many critically – while partially or completely destroying thousands of buildings across the coastal enclave.
The Israeli offensive finally ended with the announcement of an indefinite cease-fire that came into effect Tuesday.
The cease-fire deal calls for opening all border crossings between the Gaza Strip and Israel – effectively ending the latter's seven-year blockade of the coastal territory.
According to the agreement's terms, Palestinian and Israeli negotiators will hold indirect negotiations on other core Palestinian demands – including the release of prisoners and the establishment of a Gaza seaport – after one month.Güncelleme Tarihi: 29 Ağustos 2014, 23:11