World Bulletin / News Desk
The second suicide car bomb attack took place near the Turkish-Syrian border in Kobani on Thursday, Turkish security officials said.
The sources added that the attack was caught live on the Mursitpinar border's security cameras, which reportedly showed a vehicle exploding at the Syrian side of the border gate.
Earlier on Thursday, at least 18 people were killed and 40 others were wounded in five explosions in Kobani amid renewed fighting between Syrian Kurdish forces and ISIL.
In the past few weeks, Turkey has been witnessing another massive inflow of Syrian refugees from the city of Tal Abyad and nearby areas, as they flee clashes between ISIL and the YPG.
On Monday, the YPG and opposition groups – operating under the name of Burkan al-Firat – took the northern Syrian village of Ali Bajiliyah near Raqqa – considered a ISIL stronghold – according to eyewitnesses.
Local Turkish government officials told Anadolu Agency that clashes between ISIL and Syrian-Kurdish fighters from the YPG – the military wing of the Syrian Democratic Union Party – have recently intensified in central Kobani.
They said the bomb blast occurred near Turkey's Mursitpinar border crossing in the Suruc district of southeastern Sanliurfa province in the early hours of Thursday.
Anadolu Agency correspondents at the scene reported that the wounded from the blast were rushed through Mursitpinar crossing into Turkey and taken in ambulances to Suruc State Hospital and other facilities in Sanliurfa.
Meanwhile, a crowd has gathered on the Syrian side of the Turkish frontier, prompting security forces to step up measures on the border line.
Güncelleme Tarihi: 25 Haziran 2015, 15:00