World Bulletin / News Desk
A scheduled meeting of the Arab foreign and defense ministers to discuss the formation of a joint Arab force has been postponed, an Arab diplomatic source has said.
The meeting was planned to be held in Cairo on Wednesday but was delayed after consultations between the Arab League secretariat and a number of Arab states, the source said.
“There are proposals to hold the meeting by the end of August or early September,” the source added.
The meeting had been scheduled to discuss the formation of a joint Arab force with a view to fighting “terrorist” groups.
According to the source, a number of Arab countries had called for putting off the meeting due to other appointments of a number of Arab ministers.
The chiefs of staff of Arab armies agreed in May to form the force, which was first proposed by Egypt during an Arab summit in the Egyptian resort city of Sharm el-Sheikh in March.
When they approved the force formation, Arab leaders said it would be tasked with protecting Arab security and fighting terrorism.Güncelleme Tarihi: 27 Temmuz 2015, 11:24