World Bulletin / News Desk
Bahrain's main Shiite opposition has accused security forces of raiding several homes in the towns of Sanabis and Musalla, west of capital Manama, following a bombing that killed three policemen in the nearby Al-Daih village.
In a statement, Al-Wefaq society also accused "hooded militiamen in civilian clothes" of attacking its offices in Bilad al-Qadeem area, also west of Manama, and destroying its façade.
Two Bahraini policemen and an Emirate officer were killed when a blast rocked the village of Al-Daih on Monday.
The blast went off as police battled "terrorists" in the village, the Interior Ministry said.
Bahraini activists had earlier taken part in a funeral ceremony for activist Jaafar Mohamed Jaafar, who died in prison on Wednesday.
The Gulf nation has been rocked by revolt since 2011.
Authorities blame Wefaq, which calls for the establishment of a constitutional monarchy, for the unrest.
Bahrain opposition condemns Manama blast, calls for 'self-restraint'
The Bahrain opposition on Monday condemned a bomb blast that killed three policemen and called for "self-restraint".
At least three policemen were killed in a bomb explosion in Al-Daih village in western Manama on Monday.
In a joint statement, the Shiite-dominated opposition said the "popular revolt in Bahrain is peaceful and has nothing to do" with violence.
It reiterated rejection of "any practices that lead to loss of lives or property", calling for "self-restraint to avoid losses of more lives.
The Bahrain Interior Ministry had said that police had gone to the village to counter violence by "saboteurs" during a funeral ceremony.
Bahrain declares one-day mourning
Bahrain has declared one-day mourning on Tuesday in honor of three policemen killed in a bomb blast in the capital Manama on Monday.
The three were killed when a blast rocked the village of Al-Daih in western Manama.
Bahraini King Hamad bin Eissa has ordered security authorities to "take all measures to enforce law on perpetrators of the attack", according to a statement issued by the Royal Court.
The monarch offered condolences to families of the victim, the statement said.Last Mod: 04 Mart 2014, 11:07