The Free Syrian Army (FSA) stated that claims about Syrian army entering the center of Qusayr, a district of Homs in west of Syria and taking the control of the town hall and surrounding buildings were groundless.
FSA United Commandership's spokesman Qasim Saadetting told Turkish press that the clashes between Assad forces, Hezbollah and FSA were taking place in the city of Qusayr, 30 km south of strategically important Homs and the Assad regime taking the control of the city was beside the point.
"Assad forces' efforts to enter the city is being blocked by FSA", said Saadetting and added, "Hezbollah and Assad forces try to apply a burnt soil policy in order to take control of the Qusayr. Missiles and rockets, as well as war planes were used in fierce clashes in the last two days."
Spokesman added, during the attacks of Assad forces and Hezbollah, at leat 50 civilians lost their lives.
Moreover, previously, Syrian national TV announced, the Syrian army succeeded to enter the Qusayr city and took control of some "terrorists".
Syrian army's aircrafts were reported to bomb opposition controlled Qusayr earlier Sunday.
Earlier on Monday, Syrian Revolution General Commission (SRGC) announced an air-backed joint offensive by the Syrian army and Hezbollah into the city of Qusayr, 30 km south of strategically important Homs, has killed 41 and injured more than 450 in two days.
AAGüncelleme Tarihi: 21 Mayıs 2013, 11:01