World Bulletin / News Desk
Egypt's Prosecutor-General has not examined charges against ousted president Mohamed Morsi's son, Osama, of insulting the judiciary, the military establishment, police and the people, a judicial source said.
"A number of complaints had been filed at the Prosecutor-General's office against Osama since Thursday," the source told Anadolu Agency on Sunday on condition of anonymity.
Local newspapers said on Sunday that the Prosecutor-General had ordered investigation into charges against Osama of insulting the judiciary, the military establishment, police and the Egyptian people during a phone conversation with a TV reporter.
The phone conversation, which turned out to be tapped, was aired on TV by a host on the private Sada Al-Balad channel.
In the conversation, Osama allegedly launches into a tirade of insults against state officials on the background of the August 14, 2013 bloody dispersal of the eastern Cairo Rabaa Al-Adawiya square sit-in.
The sit-in dispersal left hundreds of supporters of the ousted president dead and thousands of others injured.
Osama, meanwhile, said in a statement on his Facebook page that he would take legal action against state agencies.
He added that he would also file a report about the lack of privacy in Egypt to local and international rights groups and launch a new front to defend citizens' right to privacy.Last Mod: 18 Ağustos 2014, 23:41