World Bulletin / News Desk
Israeli forces will demolish the home of a Palestinian youth who carried out a car-ramming attack in the West Bank, killing two soldiers, according to a military spokesman.
“Army forces have surveyed the attacker’s home…in preparation of demolishing it,” Avichay Adraee said on Twitter on Saturday.
On Friday, two soldiers were killed and two others injured when a Palestinian had driven his car into a group of soldiers manning the entrance of the Jewish-only Mevo Dotan settlement near Jenin.
Israeli media said the attacker had been detained by Israeli forces, without giving any details about his identity.
Adraee earlier said that the brother of the attacker had been detained by Israeli forces.
Israeli forces often raze home of Palestinians involved in attacks against Israeli targets.
According to Palestinian estimates, around 40 homes of alleged Palestinian attackers have been demolished by Israeli forces since 2015.
The Palestinian territories have remained tense since last December, when U.S. President Donald Trump recognized Jerusalem as Israel’s capital.
The move drew condemnation from across the region and sparked angry protests in the Palestinian territories -- and several clashes with Israeli troops -- that have left at least 25 Palestinians dead.Last Mod: 17 Mart 2018, 15:00