Six killed in attack on Yemen air force bus

Six people were dead, 26 others wounded in the attack on a vehicle carrying military personnel in Yemen.

Six killed in attack on Yemen air force bus

World Bulletin / News Desk

At least six people were killed and 26 wounded on Sunday in a bomb attack on a bus carrying members of Yemen's air force to their base in the capital Sanaa, witnesses and medics said.

Ameen Saree, an air force officer who rushed to the scene, said a bomb had been planted in the vehicle.

"The bomb exploded in the rear part of the bus and six of our colleagues were immediately killed," Saree told Reuters. "The rest have been injured and are being treated in hospitals."

Attacks against military personnel are more common in the largely lawless south and east where an Islamist insurgency is still raging.

In May 2012, a suicide bomber in an army uniform killed more than 90 soldiers rehearsing for a parade in the heart of Sanaa.

 

Güncelleme Tarihi: 25 Ağustos 2013, 11:32
YORUM EKLE