World Bulletin / News Desk
Interim Prime Minister Mehdi Jomaa has ordered an investigation into alleged police negligence in relation to a Sunday attack that left four people dead, including three policemen, in Tunisia's northwestern Jendouba province.
A Tunisian man on Tuesday told a private local satellite channel that he had tipped police off about a pending attack but that they had disregarded his warning.
Following the attack, the man claimed, he had been summoned and interrogated by police.
The incident prompted Jomaa to order a probe into the man's allegations.
"Jomaa ordered the Interior Ministry to investigate and prepare a report on the matter," Abdel-Salam al-Zobeidi, the prime minister's media adviser, told Anadolu Agency on Friday.
Four people were killed on Sunday in what the Interior Ministry described as a "terrorist" attack in Tunisia's northwestern Jendouba province.Last Mod: 22 Şubat 2014, 09:56