Two killed in bomb blast in Egypt's Sinai

Two dead, nine injured after an attack in the Sinai Peninsula in northeastern Egypt

Two killed in bomb blast in Egypt's Sinai

World Bulletin / News Desk

Two people were killed in a bomb blast Monday in the Sinai Peninsula in northeastern Egypt, a security official has said.

“Two people were killed and nine others injured when a tractor struck a roadside bomb in Sheikh Zuweid city,” North Sinai security chief Ali al-Azazi told Anadolu Agency.

According to eyewitnesses, the two dead were members of the road authority in North Sinai.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack so far.

For the last two years, Egyptian security forces have been waging a fierce campaign against militants in the restive Sinai Peninsula, which shares borders with both Israel and the blockaded Gaza Strip.

The army campaign has been accompanied by a spike in attacks on security personnel that began in mid-2013, after Mohamed Morsi, Egypt's first democratically elected president, was deposed in a military coup following protests against his one-year rule.

Güncelleme Tarihi: 29 Haziran 2015, 18:00
YORUM EKLE