Yemen says 'very possible' ground forces will be needed

Arab ground forces may possibly be needed in the next operation against the Houthi, whilst 4 tribesman were wounded during clashes with Houthi.

Yemen says 'very possible' ground forces will be needed

World Bulletin / News Desk

Arab ground forces may be needed in the next phase of a Saudi-led operation against Iranian-allied Houthi fighters in Yemen, Yemeni Foreign Minister Riyadh Yaseen said on Saturday.

Asked at an Arab League summit in Egypt whether ground troops would be required, he told reporters: "This is possible. Very possible."

Yaseen also said Yemeni President Abd-Rabbu Mansour Hadi would stay in an Arab capital until conditions inYemen allowed him to return there.

In other news, at least four armed tribesman were wounded on Saturday during clashes with militants affiliated with the Shiite Houthi group in the eastern Shabwah province, tribal sources have said.

Requesting anonymity, one of the sources told The Anadolu Agency that Houthi militants entered Shabwan on Friday through mountainous areas in the southern part of the province.

He added that clashes erupted between the Shiite militants and local armed tribesmen on Saturday, leaving four tribesmen wounded.

It was not clear, however, whether there had been any casualties on the Houthi side.

The Shiite group does not usually speak about its human losses in such clashes.

A source, meanwhile, said that a Houthi force made up of four armored vehicles, 12 patrol vehicles and 150 militants entered Shabwah on Friday.

He added that tribesmen made preparations to stop the Houthi advance into their eastern province.

 

Güncelleme Tarihi: 28 Mart 2015, 18:13
YORUM EKLE