Israeli troops shot dead an elderly Palestinian close to the border between the Gaza Strip and Israel on Friday, Palestinian medical workers and the army said.
Medical officials in Gaza said the man, who was 75 and whose body was only discovered on Saturday when it became light, had been shot several times.
They added that his family had reported he had been missing for two days.
It was the latest fatal attack on the Gaza border since a Palestinian demonstrator was killed by troops on April 28.
Israel withdrew from Gaza in 2005 following 38 years of occupation. After Hamas Islamists took over Gaza in a 2007 Palestinian civil war, Israel has clamped down on its borders.
Israel launched on Dec. 27 a massive offensive in Gaza, killing more than 1434 Palestinians, a third of them children, and wounded at least 5300.
In its land, sea and ar offensive, Israel targeted hospitals, schools, mosques and government buildings and destroyed infrastructure system in Gaza, lefting Palestinians without electricity, gas and power.
But Israel imposes heavy blockade on entry of infrastracture materials under the pretext of Palestinians can use them as "weapon" materials.
Hamas wants Israel and Egypt to reopen all Gaza's border crossings so that people and goods can move freely. Gaza has been under heavy blockade for most of the time since Hamas took power there in June 2007.
Gazans live under heavy Israel siege for a long time and Egypt still insists on not to opening the only Gaza border crossing in a move condemned by Muslims around the world in protests, leaving Gazans desperate to digging tunnels underground and risking their lives.
ReutersLast Mod: 15 Mayıs 2010, 15:14