Eight more detained over deadly Kayseri attack

The number of detained suspects increased to 23 from 15 with fresh detentions

Eight more detained over deadly Kayseri attack

World Bulletin / News Desk

Police arrested Monday eight more suspects in connection with a deadly bomb attack against off-duty Turkish soldiers in Kayseri, according to the security sources.

The sources, who asked not to be named due to restrictions on talking to the media, said eight more people were detained in Istanbul and Adana, bringing the total number of detained suspects to 23.

On Dec. 17, a suicide car bomb attack hit a public bus in the central Anatolian city of Kayseri, martyring 14 soldiers and wounding 55 others.

Twenty-five are still being treated in hospital but the remainder have been discharged, Kayseri Governor's Office said on Wednesday.

Last Monday, Kayseri Governor Suleyman Kamci told reporters 15 suspects had been detained as part of the ongoing investigation.

On Tuesday, one suspect was remanded in custody in the southwestern city of Burdur, said a statement by Burdur Public Prosecutor Sadi Dogan.

Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus has said all signs pointed to the involvement of the PKK terrorist group in the attack.

However, no organization has yet claimed responsibility.

 aa
Güncelleme Tarihi: 26 Aralık 2016, 20:42
YORUM EKLE