World Bulletin / News Desk
The court in its ruling said the accusations were vague and lacked evidence. The court also claimed defendants will not receive fair trial in Turkey.
Earlier requests by Turkey had been rejected on the same grounds.
The eight former Turkish servicemen had fled to Greece a day after the defeated 2016 Turkish coup. They are accused by the Turkish authorities of being coup plotters and members of Fetullah Terrorist Organisation (FETO). At third attempt Turkey also brought up new accusations including murder.
FETO and its U.S.-based leader Gulen orchestrated the defeated coup on July 25, 2016, which left 250 people martyred and nearly 2,200 injured.
They are currently held in custody by Greek authorities. The case has been a bone of contention between the two countries.
Earlier this year, Greek Justice Minister Stavros Kontonis had said the government will consider holding a trial for them if Ankara files an official request.
The issue was also discussed during Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s landmark visit to Greece in 2017.