World Bulletin / News Desk
Turkish Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has blamed wrong policies of the West on Syria for the spate of recent terror attacks in Turkey and Europe.
Addressing a meeting of regional party heads at the Justice and Development Party (AKP) headquarters in the Turkish capital Ankara, Davutoglu said: “Unfortunately, the wrong Syrian policy of the West and the international community in general is behind the cowardly attacks in Europe and in Turkey”.
Turkish premier said the Syrian tragedy had now reached European shores. “It is now essential for Europe to go towards a very serious policy change,” he said.
Davutoglu warned that if Europe did not fight terrorism in cooperation with Turkey, terror organizations like the PKK and the PYD in cooperation with ISIL would continue their attacks in Turkey and Europe.
He also said Turkey is determined to act together with Europe in the fight against terrorism. “To ensure the safety of the region, there is no other partner than Turkey for Europe,” he said. He urged Europe to see the unchangeable truth and act accordingly.
“I reiterate that the PYD and the YPG are not the antidotes of ISIL; PYD is at least as coward and barbaric a terror organization as ISIL,” he said.
Turkey has repeatedly criticized Western countries for helping the PYD terror organization in the fight against ISIL in Syria, and for not doing much to fight the PKK terror organization’s activity in some European countries.
He also wondered why some “scrupulous Western intellectuals” who now praise Europe’s solidarity with Belgium following the Brussels attacks did not express the same feelings for Turkish people in the aftermath of terrorist attacks in Ankara.
Tuesday’s Brussels bombings in both Zaventem airport and Maelbeek metro station killed 31 people and injured 260 others, said federal prosecutor Frederic Van Leeuw Wednesday and warned the death toll could rise in the days to come. ISIL has claimed responsibility for the attack through a news agency linked to the group.
On March 13, Ankara was hit by the last terror attack that left 36 people dead. Previously, the Turkish capital was struck in February and October by suicide bomb attacks leaving over 130 dead.
Istanbul has also been targeted by two suicide bombings this year, with the last one on March 19 leaving four people dead. Turkish authorities have accused ISIL, the PKK and the PYD terrorist groups for the attacks.Güncelleme Tarihi: 23 Mart 2016, 17:47