World Bulletin / News Desk
Fifteen Iraqi Turkmens suffering burns and other injuries from a ISIL chemical weapons attack earlier this month began their medical treatment on Thursday in the Turkish capital Ankara.
Dr. Muhammed Bayram from Turkey’s Public Hospitals Authority said that the 15 injured, including four women and two children, and seven people accompanying them flew from Erbil, northern Iraq to Ankara.
Bayram said the injured were taken to the Polatli State Hospital, as an “isolated environment was needed”.
“We took them to that hospital as its physical and technical facilities are suitable,” he said, adding that the Numune Hospital and Gulhane Military Hospital would also be included in the treatment.
Hasan Ali, a medical official from Tazehurmatu, the mostly Turkmen Iraqi town where the attack took place, said three people had died and two women suffered miscarriages due to the March 9 attack.
A Turkmen woman who did not want to be named said those injured were suffering severe burns on their faces, hands, and bodies.
An Iraqi said to be serving as a teacher in Tazehurmatu said ISIL is attacking with bombs every day at the end of the school day.
Activists said at least 30 of the town’s 300 residents suffered severe burns and suffocation following the chlorine gas attack about two weeks ago.Güncelleme Tarihi: 24 Mart 2016, 16:10